1. If you have any photos of this year’s NVAR visit to the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, DC and/or photos of the Rolling to Remember (staging or the ride), please forward them to email@example.com.
2. The winners of the auction and raffles that were held on the 2022 NVAR are: Larry Stein won the quilt that was made and donated by Cyndi Kearney (Wayne Worden’s sister-in-law), Brian Ponder won the 9mm Kimber and Tony Cunningham won the fierce bidding for the military tribute plate that was donated by Roger Granbois.
3. Here’s the latest information on the NVAO-West Reunion that Don “Quacker” Jenkins is putting together:
The dates for the reunion in Roseburg, OR will be Sept. 9, 10 & 11.
Ten rooms have been blocked at the Motel 6, 3100 NW Aviation Drive, Roseburg, OR 97470. To get the $72 per night rate, you must tell the front desk reservation person that you are asking for a room in the NVAO block. The motels phone number is 541-464-8000, push 0 for the front desk.
For those who would like to camp, Don has a few RV sites and plenty of room for tent camping on his property. 1060 Winston Section Road, Winston, OR 97496.
Don is putting together two looped rides. One will go up the North Umpqua River to Crater Lake. The second ride will go down the main Umpqua to the Pacific Ocean. For those arriving on Friday, Don is going to have a welcome party (details to be determined).
If you are thinking about attending this weekend’s festivities, please contact Don at firstname.lastname@example.org. He’ll keep you up to speed on the details of weekend. This sounds like a wonderful way to see the beauty of Oregon with a bunch of your NVAR friends.
4. Details on the NVAR Reunion in Missouri will be sent out when things are more finalized.
5. We still have some of the NVAR Ride shirts that were sold on this year’s NVAR. Short Sleeve shirts are $25 and Long Sleeve Shirts are $30. That price includes shipping costs. Email Jerry Conner at email@example.com with your order (include the shirt sleeve length and the size of the shirt that you want). Also include your postal address. Jerry’s address for you to send a check for payment is: Jerry Conner, 1032 Dinsmore Road, Winnetka, IL 60093.
6. Steve Wandt couldn’t make it to the NVAR this year but he attended a local ride near his home in North Carolina. At the ride Steve saw the largest gathering ever of Ride of Pride trucks. Attached is a photo that Steve took of the Ride of Pride trucks and also a photo of Steve and our old friend David Buck.
That’s it for now, be careful out there, Never Forget.
Board of Directors – National Veterans Awareness Organization